Tofino Expeditions was founded in 1988 as a single fleet sea kayaking tour company in the small fishing town of Tofino on the west coast of Vancouver Island, Canada. It has grown into one of the top ranked international sea kayak outfitters and remains a family owned and operated company. We are committed to wilderness ethics as well as the quality of our adventures.
Our team members are passionate about wilderness and the sport of sea kayaking. They are mature individuals expert in guiding tradecraft, many hold degrees in the natural sciences and all are enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge and skills. We go to extraordinary lengths to meet or exceed our guest’s expectations on every trip and want them to leave refreshed, relaxed and rejuvenated.
Tofino Expeditions features a range of kayaking journeys worldwide designed to meet the needs and desires of novice and experienced kayakers. We offer value to guests by providing them with extraordinary experiences and unparalleled service at competitive prices. And despite all we do, we constantly challenge ourselves to surpass our own high standards and expand our commitment to our guests.
Our Commitment to Quality
- We operate trips that benefit our clients and the communities in which we work.
- We are passionate about the experiences we offer and enjoy sharing them.
- We evaluate every trip itinerary carefully for value, quality and safety.
- We are committed to preparing food that is fresh, wholesome and, whenever possible, made from locally sourced organic ingredients.
- We actively support wilderness preservation and operate all of our trips with this as an over-arching principle.